• The overall purpose for this study is to find out if the study drug is absorbed or eliminated differently in people with normal liver function compared to people with impaired liver function. Another purpose is to assess the safety and tolerability of the study drug in people with healthy to impaired liver function.
• This study is for research purposes only and is not intended to treat your liver disease.
Method of Administration: Single oral dose of study medication
Investigator: Thomas Marbury, MD
• 18 to 75 years old
• Must have decreased liver function or disease such as fatty liver disease (NASH/NAFLD), history of Hepatitis C (must have had successful antiviral treatment), or past history of alcohol related liver disease
• Volunteers may be taking medicines such as spironolactone, Lasix®, lactulose, Aldactone®, or rifaximin
• May also have fluid in your abdomen, cirrhosis, or encephalopathy (brain condition that causes irritability or trouble sleeping).
• 1 eligibility screening visit
• 6 days and 5 nights in our research facility
Location: 5055 South Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32809
Compensation Qualified participants will receive study medication, study related physical exams and laboratory tests
Qualified participants will be compensated up to $2,100 for time and travel
Whom to Contact Recruitment Department: 407-240-7876
Orlando Clinical Research Center
5055 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32809
Recruiting Number: 407.240.7878