- N 37
- Kidney Studies
• To determine how the investigational drug is absorbed, broken down, and removed from the body in volunteers with kidney impairment on hemodialysis.
• To determine the effect of the study drug on your low blood cell count (anemia).
• Information regarding safety and side effects that may occur will also be collected.
• This study is for research purposes only and is not intended to treat your kidney disease.
- Method of Administration:
- Single dose of study medication given as IV infusion
- Thomas Marbury, MD
- Key Requirements to qualify for this study:
• At least 18 years old
• Must have anemia (low iron) and be on hemodialysis at least 3 times per week
• May be seeing a nephrologist and receiving medicine such as:
• Procrit® or Aranesp® for low blood count
• PhosLo® or Renagel® for high blood phosphorus
18 outpatient follow-up visits over an approximate 3 month period
- 5055 South Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32809
Qualified participants will receive study medication, study related physical exams and laboratory tests
Qualified participants will receive up to $2,150 for time and travel. Multiple visits required.
- Whom to Contact:
- Recruitment Department: 407-240-7876