• The overall purpose for this study is to find out if the study drug is absorbed or eliminated differently in individuals with normal liver function compared to individuals with varying degrees of impaired liver function. Another purpose is to assess the safety and tolerability of the drug in people with healthy to impaired liver function.
• This study is for research purposes only and is not intended to treat your liver disease.
Method of Administration: Single oral dose of study drug
• 18 years to 75 years old
• Must have decreased liver function or disease such as fatty liver disease (NASH), Hepatitis C, past history of alcohol related liver disease or cirrhosis.
• Volunteers may be taking medicines such as spironolactone (Aldactone®), furosemide (Lasix®), lactulose, or rifaximin (Xifaxan®).
• May also have ascites (fluid in your abdomen) or encephalopathy (brain condition that causes irritability or trouble sleeping).
• 1 eligibility screening visit
• 7 days and 6 nights in our research facility
• 1 follow-up visit
Location: 5055 South Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32809
Qualified participants will receive study medication, study related physical exams and laboratory tests.
Compensation up to $2,410 is available to qualified participants for time and travel.
Whom to Contact Recruitment Department: 407-240-7876
Orlando Clinical Research Center
5055 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32809
Recruiting Number: 407.240.7878