• To determine how the investigational drug is absorbed, broken down, and removed from the body in volunteers with various degrees of kidney impairment when compared to volunteers with a normal level of kidney function.
• Information regarding safety and side effects that may occur will also be collected.
• This study is for research purposes only and is not intended to treat your kidney disease.
Method of Administration: Single oral dose of study drug
Investigator: Thomas Marbury, MD
• 18 to 79 years old
• Must have kidney impairment or disease, meaning your kidneys do not function at a normal level, but not require dialysis
• May be seeing a nephrologist (a doctor that specializes in kidneys) and may be taking medicine such as:
• Procrit® or Aranesp® for low blood count
• PhosLo® or Renagel® for high blood phosphorus
• Additional qualifying criteria exists
• 12 day, 11 night stay in our research dormitory
• 1 follow-up phone call
Location: 5055 South Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32809
Qualified participants will receive study drug, study related physical exams and laboratory tests
Qualified participants will receive compensation up to $4,150 for study-related time and travel upon study completion
Whom to Contact Recruitment Department: 407-240-7876
Orlando Clinical Research Center
5055 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32809
Recruiting Number: 407.240.7878